Thursday, February 4, 2016

Teachers are sneaky!

Today we were a little low key in class because we had a musical tonight; an awesome production I would say. 

We were playing word BINGO.  I give the students words to cut out and glue down on a bingo form.  I call the first game, circling the words called on the smart board.  If you have watched anyone play bingo, you know that many repeat what is called while they search for the word.  Whoever gets the first bingo, reads back their words and gets to call the next game.  When game time is up, students have read and reread the words many times.

In the midst of the concentrated game, one student said, "This is really fun."

I said, "Yes, it is.  I am a sneaky teacher."

Those twenty-one shocked, innocent faces turned to me saying, "What?"

The answer, "We are doing reading.  When we first started you had trouble with some of these words.  Now, you are reading them very well."

I got lots of nods, but they don't know the rest of the story:  this activity means there are no papers to grade!

Yes, I am a sneaky teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment