Thursday, September 17, 2015

Treasure in my Desk

As I stumble across things in my desk I throw them away, take them home, or give them to the children.

Children appreciate the treasures I share with them. If the children take them home, I'm pretty sure their parents do not.  This is why I do not allow digging through the trash.

Today I found small legal size notepads, enough to give one to each student. 

As I passed them out, I used the word tablet.  One child replied, "These aren't tablets, there are no buttons to push."

I told the puzzled children, "These are the original tablets."

 The same child said, "I know."

They didn't seem disappointed that I only gave them pads of paper, but went to work drawing, writing, creating.  I even got a couple of sweet pictures.

I had something to smile about all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment