Monday, July 11, 2016

How's it feel to be retired?

Friends and family often ask me how it feels to be retired.  I think I won't feet the full effects until school starts on August 9th.  I have scheduled a haircut for that day at 9:00 a.m., because I can!

I have had three reality checks this summer. 

Check 1:  I was in Meijer getting groceries, glanced down the school supply row, and saw clearance tags.  I turned to go down that aisle and stopped myself--no, no, no.  I smiled.

Check 2:  I was headed downtown on a Saturday to meet my California cousins who were here for Junior USA volleyball tournaments.  I realized I was not rushing to run all my errands on a Saturday and wouldn't have to for most of the Saturdays in my future.  I smiled again!

Really BIG check 3:  If you're not a teacher, you do not realize that the Fourth of July is a very sad day.  It signals at least the midpoint of summer vacation.  Truly a much more relaxed day for me this year.  This time I had a smile and a sigh of relief.

I will probably report back to you faithful followers after school starts.  God bless you all! 

1 comment:

  1. You sound so relaxed. I thought I would be, too, but picked up a part time job.....and then another......might have well gone back to work full time......ARG!

    ReplyDelete